The song theme song of Disney animation Frozen - Let It Go has been so hit around the whole world, kids cannot stop singing it. But, did you know the singer of this song, Demi Lovato?
Demetria Devonne "Demi" Lovato (born August 20, 1992) is an American actress, singer, and songwriter who made her debut as a child actress in Barney & Friends. In 2008, Lovato rose to prominence in the Disney Channel television film Camp Rock and signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records. She released her debut album, Don't Forget, that September; it has been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales of over 530,000 copies. In 2009, Lovato received her own television series, Sonny with a Chance. Her second album, Here We Go Again, was released that July and debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200; its title track became her first single to break the top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100, reaching number 15, and being certified platinum.
Yet, under all these achievements, Demi Lovato has a secret to share: Growing up wasn't always easy for her.
"I had a really tough time when I was in middle school," the X Factor judge, 20, tells PEOPLE. "People would write 'hate petitions' [about me] and send them around to be signed. They'd have CD-bashing parties of my demos. They'd come to my house, stand across the street and yell things. It was a very emotional time for me, and all I wanted to do was get away."
It was so bad, in fact, that Lovato believes it's part of what led her to seek treatment for issues like an eating disorder and cutting nearly two years ago.
"Back then, there were times I didn't think I'd be able to move on," she admits.
(more about her story)
Yet, under all these achievements, Demi Lovato has a secret to share: Growing up wasn't always easy for her.
"I had a really tough time when I was in middle school," the X Factor judge, 20, tells PEOPLE. "People would write 'hate petitions' [about me] and send them around to be signed. They'd have CD-bashing parties of my demos. They'd come to my house, stand across the street and yell things. It was a very emotional time for me, and all I wanted to do was get away."
It was so bad, in fact, that Lovato believes it's part of what led her to seek treatment for issues like an eating disorder and cutting nearly two years ago.
"Back then, there were times I didn't think I'd be able to move on," she admits.
(more about her story)
In order to raise awareness about personal issues similar to her own, She became a Contributing Editor to Seventeen magazine in 2011. She used Seventeen as a platform to discuss her personal issues as a part of a larger campaign called “Love is Louder” directed towards teen girls. After revealing that she had been bullied at the age of 12, Lovato has also supported numerous anti-bullying organizations. In 2012, she was named the ambassador for Secret’s “Mean Stinks,” an anti-bullying campaign to inspire students to “gang up for good” against girl-to-girl bullying.
Her third album, Unbroken (2011), addresses several of her difficulties. Its lead single, "Skyscraper", became Lovato's first top ten single as well as first platinum single in the US; its second single, "Give Your Heart a Break", was certified triple platinum.
Outside the entertainment industry, Lovato is involved with several social and environmental causes. In May 2013, she was cited for her dedication as a mentor to teens and young adults with mental-health challenges at a National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day hosted by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration in Washington, D.C.. She has also become an advocate for the LGBT community. In 2014 she was announced as the Grand Marshal for LA PRIDE week, and that same year she became the face for HRC's America's for Marriage Equality Campaign.
Her third album, Unbroken (2011), addresses several of her difficulties. Its lead single, "Skyscraper", became Lovato's first top ten single as well as first platinum single in the US; its second single, "Give Your Heart a Break", was certified triple platinum.
I like this artist not only because I like her music, but also that I always think that being an artist or a celebrity is not only about entertainment or the fame. The most important part is to maximize the power of influence of that individual, to raise awareness of certain issue, to help the minorities, to make a difference! That's what makes the fame meaningful.
Get to know more about her if you're interested. http://demilovato.com/bio/,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi_Lovato
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi_Lovato
Or, find more about her work of films and TV series at here:


Great songs !
ReplyDeleteyea, she's a great artist
DeleteWe should sing Let It Go during our class.
ReplyDeleteYoui sing it!! XD
Delete...song that so annoying-.-
ReplyDelete......haters~~hahahaha
DeleteWow! Cool!
ReplyDelete